I gave Drew a few tiny pieces of banana as his first "finger foods" the other day. While he was not a fan of the experience, I sure enjoyed myself! I just couldn't get over his facial expressions and body language...
He was okay with his peach and banana mix that I made him though (even though he was also not a fan of peach on its own)....
While we're at it, here's a very short video of him "feeding himself" as I mentioned before
The second night we tried bananas, he did a little better, but still had me laughing quite a bit as he managed to spit out the piece we gave him. (I swear he was eating and sort of enjoying the banana before we took the video)
Sigh... Drew doesn't take after me at all.... nope, not one bit! I, of course, was NOT a picky eater- just ask my aunts! They'll tell you I ate everything that was ever set in front of me, without whining or complaining! And food texture, like squishy banana, it didn't bother me in the least! I loved squishy foods, like mushrooms.......... (if you haven't sensed my sarcasm yet, this is your hint: I still hate mushrooms because they're squishy! And I'm not a huge fan of bananas either!)
I love how he seems to be talking. I have a feeling that once he starts, you'll never shut him up.
ReplyDeleteNo matter how many times I play that bananas video, I can't keep from laughing! The multitude of expressions that cross his face is too funny. And of course, the hand gestures ... No more Mom!
ReplyDelete