There's a problem with these pictures, do you see it?
Maybe you're thinking, "what? He's cute and smiley, I don't get it!" Maybe this will help...
I just discovered that Drew has apparently been chewing on his crib! Jason and I both noticed it the same day and had not seen anything before, but all of a sudden the rail of the crib has chips taken out of it. I guess the combo of being able to pull himself to standing and having one top tooth with the second close on the way means Drew has found the "perfect" place to soothe his gums. This wouldn't really be a problem except that Number 1, I'm not so sure that whatever coats the wood is good for him to eat/digest, and Number 2, it's not our crib!!
Does anyone have any recommendations for how to get him to stop?? The damage that's done is done, unfortunately. Perhaps we can refinish it once he's done with the crib, but for now I'd really rather him not make mulch of this wonderful loaned crib!
P.S. I hear that Jason gnawed his crib to shreds as a baby too!
P.P.S. Thank you Aunt Wynn Anne for the cute outfit he's wearing here! He fits all the onesies you sent now, and just in time for Spring weather again! And they're so cute!
What a little monkey! I don't remember any of our kids gnawing on their cribs, though they did:
ReplyDelete- smear poop all over the bedding, rails and wall (I think each kid did this at least once: be very cautious of happily, quietly playing babies at the end of naptime).
- put stickers on every piece of furniture
- scratch their names into furniture
- use permanent markers on furniture
- smear a whole tin of Penaten into the carpet
And probably lots of other stuff that I've just repressed.
They make covers for the cribs that wrap around and prevent damage to both child and crib. I'd check that out!
ReplyDeleteLooks like i'll be taking my offer up from my parents on them buying us a new crib now!! LOL
ReplyDeleteAmanda- I was thinking about that! Jess said no worries and I was going to say maybe I should be apologizing to Amanda and/or Erin!
ReplyDelete