Remember those books? The Mr. Men and Little Miss books? My parents always called me Little Miss Chatterbox because I liked to talk. A lot. (Still do!)
Apparently Drew has my genes in that respect. After dinner tonight the boy would NOT shut up. He talked on and on and on... never even pausing to wait for an "uh huh..." or a "is that right?". I was out of breath just listening to him!
I swear I fed the boy nothing more than tacos and cherries for dinner. No chocolate. No candy. And no coffee! He seriously went on like this for more than 20 minutes (and is still babbling in bed about "buttons" as this post is being written).
Jason and I just got a good laugh out of it, and enjoyed letting him express himself... even if we could hardly understand a word of what he said!

Goodness, what a chatterbox. Good name for him!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty impressive. I can't get over how much he's changed since I saw him.
ReplyDeleteSo I went to lunch today at a comedy club. One of the skits involved a murder mystery where one comedian attempted to explain to another comedian how and where the murder was committed....only he couldn't use English (or any other language for that matter). They could babble away with each other and use mime-like gestures to get their ideas across. It was pretty funny. I bet Drew could have joined right in on the babbling!
ReplyDeleteThe comedy club sounds like a pretty good setting for Drew. I'm sure he'll soon be at the stage where he gets very frustrated that people done understand his babbling. And I agree, Wynn Anne, I can't believe how much he's changed even since I saw him a month ago! We skyped the other day and it's amazing how many words he knows and how excited he is to talk. And it makes me happy every time I hear him very clearly say "Wo-wa!" when he sees me on the screen. :)
ReplyDelete~Laura
He would definitely fit right in with those comedians I'm sure! He is always so serious, like he knows exactly what he's saying, and expects that we understand him!
ReplyDeleteI've just been shocked in the last few days how many words he's saying and repeating, and just how much he jabbers. I love it!