Monday, April 16, 2012

Twins?

I purposely held off on a Monday Minute post today hoping I'd have some exciting pics to share! And I do!

I had my first ultrasound today! Due to the fact I look like this at only 12 weeks pregnant...

I seriously don't know what's up
with the "shape" of my belly this
time around.

I was REALLY relieved to find out that I am not expecting twins. Just triplets. JUST KIDDING! (April Fools?)

I got to see our new little "Floodling" (I need a new nickname this time around! Any suggestions?). I did say "I". Unfortunately, due to a VERY bad case of preggo brain this time around, I brought us to the wrong location for the ultrasound appointment today. Actually, I shouldn't even say "wrong location" because that implies that I went to the right practice, wrong building (like Duluth vs. Lawrenceville). I went to the completely wrong practice. In my defense, one is named "Atlanta Maternal Fetal Medicine" and the other "Maternal Fetal Specialists". Both have locations in Gwinnett, among others. And the websites for both look strangely similar...




As far as I know, and can tell, they are NOT related.

Anywho... Jason already had limited time before having to go to work, so having to push the appointment back by half an hour plus driving to another hospital meant he wasn't able to stay.

BUT, because of that, the ultrasound tech was super sweet and printed literally TONS of photos. She even did 3D ultrasound photos! She pulled off the long sheet of prints and said "here, put these in your purse quickly, before the doctor comes in. We did NOT do this." :) She was SO sweet!

Our new little one was a bouncy little thing. S/he would hardly sit still long enough for the tech to do the measurements. I told her, "I know I'm crazy, but I swear I'm already feeling little flutters." She said "I'm not surprised- with the location of your placenta at the back of the uterus, and the amount this little one is moving, you probably are!"

So here's Drew's little brother or sister at 12 weeks, 2 days.


3D Ultrasound. Thumb sucker already?
(Tech says no, not this early, just hands by face)



The typical, kind of creepy, frontal view

The not-so-typical, but also kind of creepy, 3D side view

I have to say it is actually quite amazing how similar the baby looks to the 12 week drawing below. Guess we're right on target!

3 comments:

  1. I love 'Floodlet'! Dave just suggested 'Puddle' which I also think is an adorable version of a small Flood. And I'm so excited for the new little one!! :D
    ~B.A. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it turns out to be a girl, it could be "Floodlette." "Puddle" is cute, too -- makes me think of cuddles.

    And those two websites are astoundingly similar. What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete