Friday, November 2, 2012

Big Brother Drew

Drew is already an amazing big brother! I am shocked at how well the transition has gone.



He loves to hold James. He actually didn't get to hold James for the first week or so. He had a cold the first couple of days (and still has some nasal congestion even as we speak), then we kind of waited for him to be interested. I didn't want to force anything on him. Sure enough, one day he asked if he could hold him, and we were happy to oblige. (He did sneeze right on James' face, of course)

First time holding James. "Like this?"


He is very gentle. The other day James was screaming but I was trying to get Drew to smile for a picture anyway; he ignored me and proceeded to try and get James to take his pacifier.





Shhhh... Don't cry!



He loves to help out with diaper changes and baths.





Putting lotion on James

He even asks to carry him. He tries to insist on doing it on his own but obviously he still gets a little help there.

He's still been a regular two-year-old, throwing tantrums and doing other things to get our attention, as would be expected, but he really has been great. For the most part he ignores James and goes about his regular business, but he has never directed his tantrums or anger towards James. I expected a lot of "put James down, Mommy!" but so far have yet to hear that.

I'm also amazed at how big Drew has gotten. And not just size, but... well... everything. Doesn't he look like such a big boy??


2 comments:

  1. *sigh* This is just so cute! I'm glad he's excited about his baby brother. I can't wait to see my little nephews!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete