Monday, November 5, 2012

Nursery by B&T Designs

At one point in my lifetime I wanted to be an interior decorator. I'm much happier with the career path I chose instead, but I do still love a chance to decorate a room, which is why baby nurseries are so exciting. I had a lot of fun with Drew's golf nursery, and wasn't sure which route to go this time around. I wanted something fun, colorful, and unique. I finally found an adorable alphabet sheet that I fell in love with, and decided to do an alphabet themed nursery.


Unfortunately I did not have the time or energy to put much effort into the nursery this time around. I was lucky to have a few weeks of summer vacation before Drew was born in order to put the finishing touches on the room; this time I was working full-time while caring for a toddler and my ever-growing body.

Luckily a friend of mine contacted me on Facebook that her and a friend are trying to get into decorating children's rooms. She offered up their creative talents and the results are spectacular. Check out the beautiful nursery, and PLEASE like their Facebook page and check out their etsy page!

They hand-crafted the letters, a growth chart, and the trees and birds, and came and installed them. The trees and birds are fabric that they ironed on to the wall and can be peeled off and re-ironed elsewhere if desired.


Two of my few contributions: prints for the walls





Hello little owl!

Growth chart!
I searched everywhere for one like Drew's
so they made me one!


I bought Drew's growth chart at an art festival
I went back this year to find one for James
with no luck!

My only other contribution: hand-painted piggy bank

You know you're a mom when "girl's night out" involves painting
piggy banks for your children






Katie and Krista
B & T Designs

I LOVE it! Again, please like their Facebook page, and contact them if you are interested in help decorating a nursery or child's room. They can do just about anything from painting murals directly onto the walls, to creating movable artwork like they did for me! They're happy to do the design from start to finish, or work with your own vision. They are also incredibly talented, if you can't already tell- I hope you can see some of the details in the close-ups of the letters.

P.S. Jason's comment when he saw the nursery- "I love that the W is red!"

No comments:

Post a Comment