Sunday, April 11, 2010
Body Image
This photo is currently being displayed on my refrigerator right now. This was Easter a year ago (my sis and I had a blast dyeing Easter eggs and decorating cupcakes! And no, we didn't mean to match our shirts!). It is on a wonderful photo calendar that Jason's step-mother gave us for Christmas. At the moment my head is covered with an important bill hung using the same magnet holding up the right corner of the calendar, so I walk past every day and see.... my belly. And it shocks me every time! Look how small it is! And I was feeling fat at that point... I was weighing more than I ever really had. Now I wonder if I'll ever get back to that size and shape!
And don't get me wrong, I love my big belly now... but there are times that I just feel so enormous. I have had to plan new routes to get around in my garage because I can no longer squeeze between the trash bin and the car... I have to ask people to pull in chairs so I can walk by in food courts and restaurants... even reaching the soap dispenser at my counter is difficult!
Before getting pregnant Jason and I had purchased a number of personal training sessions at our gym and it was really helping us get into shape. I could have continued while pregnant (and did for a bit) because the trainer knew I had to take it easy, but in the end I decided I didn't want to "waste" the sessions doing silly little "weak" stuff- I'd rather hold onto them to help me get back into shape afterward. I'm still going to the gym but I do light stuff just to keep myself healthy (and mobile! I've seen friends who could hardly move in the last few weeks because of weight gain and swelling).
In any case, there's no use dwelling on the past. Here's to my new body, and whatever shape it ends up being!
P.S. I finally uploaded the ultrasound photo in the blog post below. You can also see another one here. The doctor gave us one more that I'm not sharing... it was a picture of his "turtle". For anyone who knows anything about ultrasounds these days the technicians look for a "hamburger" or a "turtle" when determining gender. His "turtle" was very obvious... again, apparently he's not very shy!
Labels:
belly pics,
body changes,
weight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I always told you before that you looked great, now do you believe me? :) I love your belly now, and I'm sure you'll be an adorable mother even without the baby bump.
ReplyDelete~Laura