Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thankful!

What a week! It didn't start out a bad week, nor did it really end a bad week, but it sure was a long one!

Monday: Actually, this was a good day... I came home from work and met a friend for a pedicure (I know, I know... some people say you shouldn't while pregnant... but what am I supposed to do when it's already sandal weather and I can't hardly even trim my toenails!?).  Came home and ate by myself as Jason was still at work.  I normally would have gone to bed before he got home, but it was his birthday and I hadn't seen him at all!  So I waited up for him. (Happy Birthday, babe!)

Tuesday: Not a bad day (other than the fact it was Tuesday), but a long one... came home, went straight to the gym, then pretty much straight out to dinner with friends to celebrate Jason's birthday. Out kind of late, so I got to bed late... Can I just say that sitting at a restaurant table for a couple of hours is getting rough these days?

Wednesday:  Again came home, gym, then out again... this time to the maternity center tour at the hospital where we will be giving birth... it was interesting and informative, but got me thinking (a post for later, I had planned to write about it earlier this week but was too busy and tired!).  Also got home and to bed late.

Thursday: Ran from work to my (now bi-weekly) OB appointment.  Everything went well.  Went from there to pick my mom up at the airport.  She will be staying until Monday, yay! On the way there I found out that my husband had crashed his motorcycle.... (breathe in, breathe out....) Yes, God was great and he is fine, minus road rash and some other cuts and bruises.  I can't tell you what getting that news feels like!  So.... got my mom, rushed home, saw what he looked like and made the executive decision that he must go to the doc... which required an urgent care visit since it was after hours.... Doc says he is lucky and most of the damage is superficial, may not even leave scars.  They cleaned everything out and bandaged him up and we are to continue changing the dressings frequently to prevent infection... the main concern.   Didn't get to bed until very late as the doc took forever and then we had to sort out picking up his motorcyle.  But Jason claims he did something special for me (warning: graphic photo ahead):






















A heart shaped cut on his knee

Friday: Came home from school, actually lounged for a few minutes, then headed out with my mom to meet some friends for ice cream (a caramel apple for me, actually!).  Headed home, had dinner, then attempted changing Jason's dressings....which left him not feeling so great. Sigh.... it's hard to see him in pain.  I told him on Thursday, as he sat in the waiting room saying nothing really hurt that bad, that he should be the one having to go through childbirth!  He's one of those people that gets a kick out of causing himself pain, and he generally handles pain very well. But this has actually been hard on him.

It was not a bad week, just a lot of late nights leaving an already tired woman simply exhausted!  Really it was a good week because I can say that I am incredibly thankful for 2 things:
1) That my husband is fine!  It was a shock for me (talk about one of your worst nightmares coming true!), and he's definitely in pain, but if he can come home whining about his ruined shoes and jacket then obviously things could be a lot worse.
2) It is Spring Break now!!  I've been looking forward to getting some rest and relaxation as it is, and now especially after this long week.  I will be using my break time to start really prepping things around the house.  My mom is painting the nursery! Yay!  Otherwise I will just be lounging and enjoying the sensations of Floodling trying to make more space for himself in my belly.

 Thank you "Grandma"!  You can't really see the color well in this photo, the green is a little brighter.


As usual, I must include my weekly update.  We are now at 29 weeks!  And we have a fruit photo! (Month 7 apparently!!)
 Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment