Saturday, April 10, 2010

Massage from the inside?


I wish you could feel my belly right now!  Floodling is sliding around in there and making my tummy look all kinds of funky!  While getting my pedicure the other day it hit me!  I know what he feels like now, he feels like a massage chair!  The kind with the balls that roll around.  Except it feels like that inside my stomach (maybe not as comfy and relaxing though....).  He isn't much for the short, sharp "kicks" these days; he seems to be all about dragging his elbow or foot from one end of my belly to the other.  It is one of the strangest sensations!

We got to see our little one again this week!  I always look forward to sneaking a peak at what he's up to and how much he's grown.  And grown he has!  His estimated weight is 3 lbs. 11 oz.  Definitely on the big side for being at week 30 (as you'll see below).  In fact my due date was apparently still wrong in their computer... they had me at 30 weeks 5 days when I was in fact 29 weeks 6 days (they were almost a week ahead!).  I didn't realize this until I left.  At the appointment I asked how he was measuring for his "age" and they said "he's slightly on the big side" and that was with them thinking I was a week farther along!  I'm getting a little nervous about how big he's going to get...

I'm also getting nervous about how big I'M going to get!  I've had a lot of comments lately about just how big I am.  I have to laugh because I've read about how pregnant women don't like to be told they're big, and I've also read that pregnant women don't like to be told their small.  Because of this my friend Stacey always tells me "you look 30 weeks pregnant" (or however many weeks I am) in response to my comments of how huge I'm getting.  I didn't think I really cared either way, but I guess the comments are starting to get to me now.  One person told me "wow, you're so big already! Do you think you'll end up on bed rest??".  Not very comforting... Though one lady at work told me "you're already7 months? You're not going to get very big!".  I guess it's all perspective.

I did tell Jason though that I'm going to have a complex after the baby is born and I no longer have a cute tummy (no matter how large it gets).  I've been told so many times "you look so great!" and "you're so cute pregnant!" or even "I want to look like you when I'm pregnant!". After the baby is born and I no longer have people telling me how cute I am I fear I'm just going to feel fat and ugly!  I guess people will be staring at the baby though and telling me how cute he is, and that will more than make up for it I'm sure! :)

30 weeks... can you believe we've made it this far? 10 weeks to go!  It feels like a lifetime away, and yet it feels like there's not nearly enough time to be ready!


Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

  1. You've always been beautiful! People just feel more free to commnent on a woman's looks when she is pregnant.

    ReplyDelete