Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a small world after all...


Do you have the song stuck in your head now? Good! ;)

We had our second birthing class last night.  So far I'm really enjoying it and learning some great relaxation techniques.  In fact I practiced some before bed last night and fell asleep almost instantly (it helped that I was already quite tired though).

Have you ever met someone that had so many similarities to you it was kind of eerie?  Well, one of the girls at class last night was that way.

First off, before class we decided to stop at Jersey Mike's for dinner (for those who don't know Jersey Mike's is like Subway, but sooooo much better!).  We don't eat out very often, especially not these days (trying to eat healthy and save $$), but because the class goes from 6-9 and we have to leave slightly before 5 to get there on time (gotta love Atlanta traffic!) we don't have a lot of choice on Wednesdays.

So we were sitting eating at Jersey Mike's and one of the other couples walks in.  I giggled that the lady behind the counter probably thought it was weird having two pregnant ladies walk in one right after the other. Jason pointed out that they even had the same coupon that we had brought. Well they order and the girl orders a "6 inch veggie on wheat".  We laughed again because that's what I had ordered (preggo special?), then she says "but no swiss please".  This particular veggie sandwich comes with provolone and swiss and I always order it no swiss.  We actually laughed out loud this time so the couple turned to look at us.  I told her I had just ordered the exact same thing.

During the first pee break in class (gotta have lots of those!) I was standing by this same girl waiting to use the restroom and she whispers to me, "I'm so bad, I'm dying to dig into those cookies over there!".  I again laughed because I had the same thought when I saw the cookies when I first walked in the door at the beginning of class.  The teacher had brought awesome homemade cookies the week before and as soon as I saw them again I was craving them!  When she said it was time for a break I was sooo hoping she was going to let us dig into the cookies!

Then during another break (while finally enjoying the cookies) we were talking with the guy from the couple. We had noticed at Jersey Mike's that he was wearing a Roots t-shirt.  My Canadian family will understand what that means, but for the rest of you, Roots is a popular Canadian brand of clothing.  In fact I believe they outfitted the Canadian Olympic Team!  So we asked the guy about his shirt, wondering if he was from Canada.  He said "no, but my wife is".  He called his wife over and we talked some more and came to find out that not only was she from Canada, but she grew up in the exact same town that I did! Go Oakville! How crazy is that?  And, on top of that, she moved here when she was 10, exactly like me!

On top of everything else there's the obvious similarities... we're both pregnant, we're both due in June, and we're both interested in natural childbirth.

I know they're all really just insignificant little coincidences, but it definitely made Jason and I laugh, like this girl was some other version of me.

Have you ever met someone that time after time made you go "really! That's just like me!".

One other person has made me do that, and that's my best friend Stacey. Over the years we've learned we're not as similar as we once thought, but sometimes it seemed like (and still seems like) we were the same person.  And guess what... this woman from my birthing class?  Her name is Stacey....

P.S.  I still want to know your favorite books!

1 comment:

  1. The guy is from the Midwest too (Kansas) just like me. And we both made fun of our wives for being from Canada!

    ReplyDelete