Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bookworm

Wow, this picture was taken about a month ago, look how small Drew looks!
Drew is already a bookworm, just like I hoped he'd be! I have been reading to him since the first week of his life (when I attempted to read him Love You Forever and ended up a sobbing wreck!).  We like to lay on the floor with the book above us; Drew examines the pictures while I read, and he often tries to "read along."  He'll start babbling so I stop reading (you know, so I'm not interrupting him!) but he usually stops babbling when I stop reading!  And he'll happily sit through even an entire Dr. Seuss book (did you know they can be quite long??)!

And now look!


He's turning pages himself!  My grandma was playing with him while I did some chores upstairs.  When I came down I found them like this!  He was so interested in the book; he was staring at it, and reaching for it, and grabbing it.  It made me smile. (Of course, this was one of the first few times he's "grabbed" at things at all, so that helped too!)

1 comment:

  1. Some kids' books are really quite long - though they never seemed that way when I was little. I did become quite adept at subtly condensing them while reading aloud to the kids. Or I'd let them choose one long story instead of two short ones.

    ReplyDelete