Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby on Board

 We love going on vacation with our good friends Stacey and Dan...

Camping at Black Rock Mountain
Universal Studios, Orlando
Skiing in West Virginia

Stacey has been hinting at trying to do a small trip again sometime soon.  That is, until I showed up at her house (where we stayed for the weekend to be closer to all the wedding festivities) with all of this...

Pack n' play, boppy, bouncy seat, play mat, tub, diapers, wipes, cream, lotion, plenty of clothes, blankets, burp cloths, PJs, bottles........... oh wait, I still have to pack for me too?

Then she said "hmmm.... maybe we'll wait until Drew's a little older..."

Was all of that junk necessary? No, of course not.  There are a lot of things we could have done without, but seeing as we were asking a big favor of Stacey to watch Drew pretty much all weekend I wanted to make it as easy as possible by providing things like his play mat, the boppy, the bouncy seat....... And all of it was worth it so I could trust Drew was having a good time while I attended to the wedding events.

The weekend was a lot of fun! Lisa was a beautiful bride...


And I had a great time...


When I wasn't missing Drew, of course.  I knew it was going to be hard, but all day long I just felt like something was missing... you know, like the baby on my boob instead of the pump? My arms felt so empty!  Needless to say I spent pretty much all day Sunday like this...

Snuggling with my boy!

But I think it was good for me to get out and have fun, to focus on taking care of Lisa instead of Drew, to dress myself up instead of changing poopy diapers... it felt good to just be Diane.  And that made it feel even better to come home and be Mommy again.

P.S.  All that "junk" up there ^ is still sitting in my living room waiting to be unpacked, so I'm making no promises about daily posts for a few days...

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to get a little "you" and couple time. I remember the first time we left Katie overnight somewhere - I could hardly WAIT to get back to her. (I think it was the only time I ever spontaneously awoke before 9 a.m.)

    Have you finished unpacking yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should clarify that we didn't just leave Katie "somewhere"! We left her with friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete