SOOOO many of you who read this blog donated to either my half marathon fundraising page or my Great Strides page. I am so thankful for that! Each and every donation makes me feel so supported and loved!
We had a fabulous day for our walk today. Actually, maybe a little too fabulous... the high in Atlanta was in the low 90s. Too hot for May, in my opinion!
We had 8 wonderful walkers striding with the Simpsons' Striders this year, all decked out in yellow and red! And Homer made it to the walk again this year! You may remember that he made an escape for feedom last year. But thankfully I had bought 2 balloons initially. He's really just too perfect for our team. A lot of teams carry balloons as a way for teammates to find them. And obviously for "The Simpsons' Striders" Homer makes sense, but on top of that he has the bouquet of roses (65 roses= cystic fibrosis). The problem was my other Homer had a hole and I wasn't sure if he was mendable (blogger says that isn't a word, but I say it is). Thankfully a little bit of duct tape did the trick!
Amazing how things change in one year. Here's me and Drew at the walk last year acting like our team balloon:
And me and Drew this year:
A few more shots of our wonderful day and our super striders:
| Drew strided too! |
And now, perhaps what you've been waiting for... our total! Drum roll please.....
We raised $8600 as of today! If you count the money that Stacey and I raised for our half marathon (and I think we should since many people donated to one or the other) then we raised $9,342! Not too shabby and only $658 away from $10,000. I have a feeling we'll hit that by the end of the year. Which reminds me, it's not too late to donate!! You can still help us out! Please head over here if you would like to let us know just how fabulous you think we are! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment