Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

I had a fabulous first Mother's Day! It was very low key and simple, but that's what I like.

I started the day off with a simple but delicious breakfast. Nope, not breakfast in bed. Prepared by me (thus the "simple"). Jason unfortunately had to work today, but it was either 6am-12pm or 2pm to 9pm. I opted for the opening shift so we could have the afternoon together as a family.


Drew and I then ventured solo to church, where he made me my first hand made Mother's Day card! (With thanks to Ms. Terry! Seriously, I don't know if she knows how much this made my day!)


Love his "signature"

We spent the afternoon being lazy and napping while Drew napped, then headed out to the park for some outdoor fun. I had thought it might be fun to climb Stone Mountain, but perhaps you read about my toe?

Names and photos blacked for the sake of privacy

Yeah, I sat on my toe. Not just sat on it, but placed the chair leg on it, then flopped into my chair. OW! Not quite sure how one manages to do that.... but it's purple and blue today and it hurts to walk. I'm hoping it's just bruised and not broken, but I'm heading to the doc tomorrow to be sure.  Anyways, no mountain climbing for me, so we just hit up our local (packed!) park and had some fun on the play ground.







Just love Jason in the background of this one.


We finished off the evening with a not-so-simple dinner of grilled steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, grilled sweet peppers, and red wine! Fab-u-lous! Oh, and I can't forget the molten chocolate lava cakes (don't give Jason TOO much credit, that was my doing- I couldn't resist!)

My mother's day gift? Well... I'm not going to share Jason's gift to me, but it was very sweet. Drew's gift to me is *hopefully* a DSLR, but that's a combined Mother's Day and birthday gift! (Only 10 days until I turn 27! Eek!)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had fun at the park! Love the one of Jason walking with Drew- they again look like twins! :) The card is adorable too, definitely a keepsake. Happy mother's day (a little late)! There should be an aunt's day too.. I want an adorable card from Drew.

    ReplyDelete