Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I hate Tuesdays!

No, that's not a typo.  I didn't mean to say "I hate Mondays" like most people... I truly mean it.  I hate Tuesdays!  Probably on the same level that most people hate Mondays.  In fact, I would have a whole week of Mondays if it meant I could skip Tuesday.

You've got it all wrong Garfield!


What makes Tuesdays so bad?  It is the only day of the week that I have to teach all 6 grade levels (K-5)... with no planning period, and no time between classes (ok, I lie... I have 5 minutes between classes, but even if I actually manage to get my class out on time the next one is usually already waiting for me anyway).  I have to admit that the PE teacher does this every day and I truly feel for her!  And I also have to admit that this was more-or-less my schedule last year BUT with the major exceptions that 1) I had a planning period (albeit a short one) and 2) the class periods were shorter (I taught from 8:15 to 1:55 instead of the current 7:50 to 2:00). To top it all off I have to do the news broadcast in the AM (which takes from 7:00 to 7:50, meaning I'm running from the library to catch my first class) then I have bus duty in the PM from 2:15 to 3:00.....all I can say is thank goodness I at least have 45 minutes for lunch!

Overall what makes Tuesdays so horrible is not having a single moment of free time.  That doesn't work so well for a gal that's preggo!  No time to go to the bathroom, no time to eat a snack (which I regularly need around 10:00), and no time to even sit for a moment!  I can't help but feel bad for my Tuesday classes.... they get the worst side of "Señora Flood"!

2 comments:

  1. That schedule is insane even for a non-pregnant person! Thank goodness it's only one day per week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Lauren! I am soooo thankful I only have to do it one day a week. Probably part of the reason I hate Tuesday so much is that I'm spoiled the rest of the week... I actually only teach 4 periods normally (instead of the 6) so I typically get 2 planning periods in a day. I do manage to fill those with stuff for the news or lesson plans, but at least I get to sit! (Or run to the restroom, or eat!)

    ReplyDelete