Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bring on the third trimester!

According to most sources I am now officially in the third trimester!  Woo hoo!  BUT that means we only have 3 months left to prepare!  Yikes!

Thankfully I've taken the first few steps and finally started my registry.  Unfortunately it is not yet complete though as after 2.5 hours and having only made it through about half the store I was too exhausted to continue.

Some notes I want to share about my registry:
  1. I do not expect gifts from anyone.  The registry is as much for me to prepare and be able to purchase items piece by piece as it is for people who would like to buy gifts.  I often feel like making a registry is a way of begging people to buy you things, but I think it's just nice to have everything you need written in one place, especially since it would be impossible to afford it all at once.
  2. I did not put any clothing on the registry.  First off, we do have quite a bit of nice stuff from Andrea and Jason's dad and Donna.  But I also know that people LOVE buying clothes anyway, so I'm not going to tell them what they should buy.  If you would like to purchase clothes for Floodling, feel free to pick something you think is cute.
  3. I do plan to breastfeed.  I may have a post about this topic later, though I'm not looking for as much input as I have with past issues (childbirth, diapers, etc.).  I am pretty convinced this is the way I want to go.  I did not register for supplies for breastfeeding though as I don't foresee people wanting to pick up nursing pads and nipple creams and such for me.... I also do not know what I'm going to want in the way of a pump and all of that.
  4. Even though I plan to breastfeed I did register for bottles and supplies.  I will be going back to work so I will have to pump and therefore have bottles for feeding.
  5. I registered for my stroller and car seat at Wal-Mart because both were a lot cheaper there... Babies R Us does sell the same items though and depending on if there is a good sale going on they may be cheaper at Babies R Us.... I am not a huge fan of Wal-Mart overall, but sometimes you just can't beat their prices...
  6. My registry is not yet complete.  I realize I do not have any receiving blankets yet.... a play pen.... and plenty of other things.  A girl can only do so much in one day, especially a preggo one!
  7. I did register for things like sippy cups for later on.... I figure the more prepared we are now, the easier it makes it later!
  8. If you are choosing to purchase a gift for us, when it comes to the small things I'm really not excessively picky about brand, style, etc. (pacifiers, bibs, towels, for example).  You do not necessarily have to find the exact item on the registry.  If it makes you feel more comfortable, that's fine, but overall I have a feeling that everything and anything will be useful!
  9. Again, if you are purchasing a gift, the registries have our shipping information so if you choose to purchase online, items can be shipped directly to us.
All that being said, you can view my Babies R Us registry here and my Wal-Mart registry here.

As I said, we are now officially into the third trimester at 27 weeks.  Floodling is growing bigger and stronger by the day!  I'm enjoying feeling his antics in my belly and was allowed to rest a little knowing that apparently he's so squiggly now because he still has a little space to do acrobatics.  When he's bigger, however, the space will be tighter and he won't be quite as mobile.  I've been concered about what he's going to do to my insides when he does get even bigger and stronger so that news was somewhat comforting.



This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

2 comments:

  1. The registry was so hard. I didnt want to overwhelm myself so i went online and to other preggo blogs for advice on what i really needed and made a list. Then i went to target and as i scanned stuff, i checked it off my list. It was much less stressful. And i agree with you on the clothes however i did register for basic items like onsies, pajamas, sock and hats. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did lots of searching and planning ahead of time too, which is why it took me this long to finally get it done, but it seems I still wasn't prepared for the whole experience! There were so many things I hadn't even thought about, or hadn't realized I needed to make a decision about (what type of plastic do I want for a pacifier???).... Now that I know a little more what to expect though I will be going back soon to finish the rest off.

    ReplyDelete