Student: What's that hanging out of your tummy?
Me: You mean this? My ID badge? [Since it hangs around my neck and rests on my stomach]
Student: No! That! [pokes my belly]
Second grader:
Student: Is that a baby? [sounding disbelieving and pointing at my stomach]
Me: Yes...
Student: Ohhhh.... I thought it was a basketball!!
(I don't think he was kidding... second graders make it pretty obvious when they think they're being funny, he seemed to genuinely think I was hiding a basketball)
Kindergartener:
Student: What's wrong with your tummy!? [true concern in his voice]
Me: (Stupid response) There's a baby in there!
Student: What!? Why do you have a baby in your tummy!?
(How do you respond to that!?)
Four-year old:
Child: [In response to hearing his mom say I'm having a boy] You're a boy??
Me: No, but I'm having a baby boy, like you!
Child: Where's the baby?
Me: Right here... [pointing to my tummy]
Child: That's why your tummy is fat!!

No comments:
Post a Comment