Monday, March 8, 2010
Look what I found!
I definitely don't want the room to be overdone with argyle like this, but overall I really like it! I was searching "golf nursery" and this was the first thing I came across! I'm almost tempted to say that is the exact same fabric I'm looking at!
I'm glad to actually see it... I am a very visual person but have a hard time imagining what things would look like in real life. I really think I'm leaning towards this theme, especially because it doesn't have to be "over the top" with golf accessories to get the overall golf idea. My mom picked up some fat quarters of the argyle print material that I showed in an earlier post. I'd like to at least do a quilt, maybe a "diaper stacker" (the bag hanging off the changing table... it holds diapers) or changing table pad cover.... then compliment with accessories in greens and blues. I'm thinking we'll leave the walls the color they are, a kind of dark tan (the same color in the background of my profile pic and all my belly pics)...
What do you think?
And do you think these leaves would go? I know I posted them before... are they too girly? I love the idea of a painted mural, but love that this would be much cheaper, and peels right off (for when he's ready to choose his own bedroom theme)! There are tons of wall stickers like this, so I can keep searching for something else... I kind of thought golf is outdoors so this would kind of tie in.
Just found this.....but it still feels a little girly....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The argyle print is a larger size overall. And the fabric I picked up has some grey and yellowy green diamonds in it as well. I like the overall look of the 'golf nursery' theme! Green and blue are calming colors. Love ~ 'Grandma' Simpson
ReplyDeleteThe large leaves are not too feminine, but the "fronds" do look kind of girly.
ReplyDeletei think the wall decals are a little girly
ReplyDeleteHmm... thanks for the opinions on the decals... I really like the large leaves, and for me I can't tell if the pillows and such are part of what make them look feminine to me... but I am going to keep searching and see what else I come across too.
ReplyDeleteAny suggestions on something else that would make a nice wall decal?
I really like the golf-themed nursery. Like Mommy said, the colors are very calming, which I'm sure will be good for both you and the Floodling. I think the decals are really cute (I kind of want them in my room now) and if they're removable you could always try them and see if you like them. If not, just take them off and send them to me! ;) Also, random comment, but do you think you'll actually neatly stack diapers in the diaper stacker, or would it just hang there empty while you took diapers out of the plastic bag beside it? (I'm just guessing from what I know I would do.) I'm kind of curious about the thing hanging on the wall with pockets on it in the picture. What is it?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I think I've posted a long enough comment for you! :P Love you!
Laura
Yay for the argyle! I don't care too much for the leaves but I do like the green and brown fronds. Not having the lighter blue fronds takes away any girlie-ness I think :)
ReplyDelete