I finally got my 28 week picture done! Thank you Stacey! Remember to check my belly photo page if you want to see the progression from month to month.
But that's not the only good news! ;) We found out today that Jason is not a carrier for the CF gene! That means that our child will not have CF! (Technically there is still a possibility but the chances are very very small... the gene test only tests for certain mutations of the gene. Unlike most genetic diseases there are over 1,000 CF gene mutations; it would be nearly impossible to test for all of them. If Jason were to have one of the mutations not tested for though the chance of our child having CF would be 50/50 since I'm obviously a carrier on both genes).
We had initially chosen not to get the testing done because a) we knew that it wouldn't affect our decision to have children and b) the doctors said it wouldn't affect care during the pregnancy. But after some encouragement from various people we decided to go ahead, and I have to say that I am more relieved than I thought I would be! People were right, it is good to know we have
On another note, the registry is finally complete!! It was frustrating, exhausting, and completely overwhelming to realize just how much we need! I know that we can probably make do without a lot of the stuff... so in some ways the registry is a wish list. I honestly can hardly tell you what will be the necessities though and what will be the "nice to have" items.
A few last notes to add to my previous registry post...
- I completely forgot to thank my friends for being so awesome and helping me with my registry! Thank you so much to Sabrina, mom of a three-year old, who helped explain A LOT of stuff and gave me the "low down" on what I really need and what I don't! And of course for putting up with me AND her toddler as we strolled the long aisles of Babies R Us! And thank you to my best friend Stacey for being patient with me and my indecisiveness, twice!!! She had lots of awesome advice too after going through this twice with her sister-in-law!
- If you are choosing to buy us a gift (for which we are very thankful!) you are welcome to shop around for better prices. The registry makes it easy for us to exchange items if we get doubles of anything.... I chose to register at Babies R Us for the ease of having just about anything you could imagine you would need for a baby under one roof. But Babies R Us isn't always the cheapest place.
Are you SURE it's not twins?
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, you look great!
You're still managing to fit into that t-shirt ... amazing! Love, Grandma Simpson
ReplyDelete