Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

Or perhaps jiggity jig?  What do you say?  Apparently people say it both ways, and I'm curious what it is for you.

First I want to apologize for "cheating" and having pre-written posts that ran while we were out of town on vacation.  It occurred to me after announcing that we'd be out of the country that an open blog is really not the best place to put that information.  So I figured I would continue my "regularly scheduled programming" while we were gone just to appear as if we may be home.  And, to be honest, I tend to "cheat" quite frequently.  It may appear that I have plenty of spare time with the amount that I post on here, but I often crank out several posts in one sitting if I have a few minutes to spare, then schedule them to post on separate days.  Sorry to burst your bubble if you thought I was just really awesome at time management.  But you do want your "Daily Dose of Drew," don't you?

Anyways, we're finally home again and settling back into our normal routine.  We had a great time in Canada.  Drew was absolutely spectacular!  Between airplanes, and long car drives, and meeting and being held by no less than 24 new people, I couldn't believe that we had only one meltdown.  On the Saturday, after the "Open House" to welcome Drew, he would NOT go down for a nap.  Instead he screamed and yelled.  This probably lasted only 15 minutes, but it felt like hours to me because he NEVER does that.  But, to be honest, I would have been MORE worried if he hadn't acted that way. Who wouldn't be a little overwhelmed and overstimulated after all of that?

Just take a look at all the new people Drew met!


The weather in Canada was beautiful, though still a little chilly compared to what we're used to down here in the South. Here is a pic of Drew that my mom took on a beautiful fall walk.


As Drew told you yesterday the flying part went very well.  That was really one of my biggest concerns.  I was so worried that he'd scream through the entire flight, either because his ears hurt, or simply because he felt like making us "that couple with the screaming baby".  Thankfully he only started to wail once or twice, but fell asleep shortly thereafter (he always screams once or twice before falling asleep).

We are so thankful to (Great!) Aunt Pat and Uncle Ross for letting us stay at their place and for hosting such a lovely party on Saturday and such a delicious Thanksgiving feast on Sunday!


We had a great time but we are happy to be home. Drew slept sooooo much on Tuesday. He slept 10 1/2 hours Monday night, woke up, ate, then slept another 2 hours!  He then went on to take all of his normal naps throughout the day. Poor little guy was exhausted!

And I'm pretty sure Drew was done with the visiting after all of that. We took him to his Nonny and Poppy's on Tuesday night for dinner and he definitely wasn't his usual sociable self.  But he did enjoy taking a nap with Nonny and meeting his uncle Brian for the first time!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to finally meet Drew! He is mesmerizing, so adorable and so endearing.

    Y'all come back now, y'hear?
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete