Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tennessee Getaway

So if you were worrying that I'd missed Drew's four monthiversary, have no fear! I didn't miss it! Well, not entirely. We were out of town in Nashville, TN for an overnight getaway. I didn't miss his four monthiversary, I just spent it snuggling with him upon my return home instead of trying to get cute pictures.

But no worries, pics are on the way! I'm in the process of trying to get some today. I got a few this morning, but we had a small accident.... Mommy thought she could put Drew in his bouncy chair for a few seconds while she changed the "set" and learned why she always yells at Daddy to buckle him in (Jason was awfully nice about not rubbing that one in my face!). Drew had a little topple (the little bugger is trying really hard to sit up these days!), but thankfully he was more scared than hurt as it was a very short fall onto carpet. :( Mommy still feels horrible though.  He's happily napping right now and we'll try again a little later.

In the meantime, here are a few pics from our trip.

Neely's BBQ Ribs!


Jack on the Rocks
 You can see some more of our photos here.

Yup, we took a trip without Drew! I can hardly believe it myself. But he was in good hands (THANK YOU NONNY!!) and I got lots and lots of updates while we were gone. See? Here are a few pictures she sent:

Uncle Connor
Drew HAD to wear camo to visit Nonny and Poppy of course!
I missed him horribly, but it was great to get away just the two of us. If you came to our wedding you may remember that instead of the tables being numbered they were labeled with names of places that Jason and I had visited together (along with a picture of us in that place). We love to travel. And not just big travels; mostly we just like to visit little towns that are within driving distance for weekend getaways. We took this overnight trip to Nashville so Jason could see Rifftrax Live, a take off of a show he loves called Mystery Science Theater.

And we did have a great time (Jack Daniels tour, anyone?), but the trip was difficult too. And not just because I missed Drew oh so much (it practically hurt physically the amount I missed him!) but because I still had to pump every three hours or so. I didn't get to enjoy sleeping in and doing nothing because I had to set an alarm to get up and pump. (I didn't really enjoy my sleep anyway because of a combination of missing the sounds of my sleeping boy and a news clip that we saw right before bed about bed bugs).  Nor did I get to enjoy a "schedule free" day since we kept having to plan where we would be and when so we could fit in time for me to pump. I suppose we'll save the next overnight trip for a time when Drew's no longer breastfeeding!

Stay tuned for Four Monthiversary photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment