First, our day started really early. Mommy woke me up to feed me! Lately she's been letting me sleep as long as I want to, but she wanted to make sure that timing worked for the day. I didn't really feel like eating much, so I went right back to sleep. I think this made Mommy and Daddy happy so they could get busy packing bags and loading them in the car.
After Mommy and Daddy ate breakfast they woke me up again to feed me and then strap me into that darned car seat. After an hour of driving we got stuck in traffic trying to cross the border back to Buffalo. I sure let Mommy and Daddy know how I felt about sitting in traffic! Mommy thought that giving me a little milk in a bottle might help, but I hid the nipples to the bottles in the suitcase that was in the trunk.... hey, she needed a little punishment after waking me up so early!
Thankfully we finally got across the border and it was time for lunch! For everybody! Daddy grabbed some McDonald's while me and Mommy hung out in the car enjoying a much more tasty lunch (for me, that is). Then it was time to head to the airport. Lots of things happened that were very confusing, but I decided I'd given Mommy enough grief over waking me up early so I just chilled and watched them do everything from emptying an entire car to taking off belts and shoes and unpacking all their carefully packed bags. Why are adults so silly?
We got to the gate with time to spare. Waiting is so boring!
So I decided to listen to my iPod.
We finally boarded the plane and it was time for my next snack. I apparently was a little tired from my early morning and giving Mommy grief in the car so I think I fell asleep. Mommy and Daddy told me that lightning struck our plane shortly after we had taken off! I wish I had seen it! I would have told Mommy and Daddy not to worry, that planes are designed to withstand lightning strikes. Maybe I should have told the pilot that too because he sure didn't sound very convincing when he told the passengers that, "the instruments appear to be working and we should be fine to fly the rest of the way to Atlanta."
I had a great time on the plane! I want to be a pilot some day.
Daddy and I played a lot on the plane!
But I eventually got bored and it was time to devour a good book.
But, you know what? Planes sure do make you sleepy! I think I get that from Mommy. I fell asleep again when we landed. Mommy wanted to wake me up AGAIN so she could feed me and help my ears not to hurt, but thankfully she decided to let me sleep in Daddy's arm and just slipped my paci in my mouth.
Check out our plane! See? You can't even tell it was hit by lightning. Mommy and Daddy worry over the silliest things...
I can't wait to fly again, though Daddy says that won't be happening for a long time. He had promised me if I was good we could do lots of flying, so I was VERY good. But I guess Daddy's slight fear of flying wasn't helped any by that lightning. I'll just have to remind him how much I LOVE being stuck in cars....
I think that picture of Drew "flying" while flying is the best one ever!
ReplyDeleteI agree .. that is a fabulous photo!
ReplyDelete