Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

A few weeks ago Drew was playing on his back on his mat. I walked away briefly and returned to find this...


Drew had almost rolled onto his stomach!  All that was in the way was his arm.  I was shocked because I had read on babycenter.com that...
Your baby may be able to kick himself over, from his tummy to his back, as early as age 2 to 3 months. It may take him until he's about 5 or 6 months to flip from back to front, though, because he needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver.
He did it a few times after that until last week and now it's all I can do just to keep him on his back (as you saw in some of his sleeping photos).  And sure enough I recently got my "Your Baby: Week 9" email from thebump.com and read....
He'll start rolling from side to side pretty soon, so make sure not to let him out of your sight (especially when he's on the changing table).
So I guess what he's doing is pretty normal at this stage, but I will definitely be watching him more carefully from now on!

Check him out in action!






(The mirror is still a pretty good distraction!)

1 comment:

  1. I like that he rolls right back over after you push him back. :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete