I'm ready to go
They're standing there right by my door
I hate to....
Just kidding, I won't torture you with any other lyrics I may have come up with. :P
But my bags are finally packed and ready! They've actually been ready since Sunday, I just now got around to getting on here as my mom arrived on Monday and I've been busy doing other baby things around the house (including getting the carpets cleaned!)
My bags include a "Labor and Delivery" bag, a "Recovery" bag, and a "Baby" bag. Oh, and of course the birthing ball! That's a must!
The labor and delivery bag is separate from the others so that when we first arrive we only have to bring in the one bag. Especially since we'll be moving rooms later. The bag includes snacks for Jason (including Diet soda!), a change of clothes for both of us (mine are clothes that I don't mind getting rid of later), a bathing suit for Jason in case I decide to get in the shower, my relaxation CDs, my binder full of tricks, our birth "preferences," and THE most important item- chapstick!
The recovery bag includes your typical "overnight hotel stay" type items. Hopefully that's all it will be- one night!
And the baby bag includes 2 going home outfits complete with hat, socks and mittens (1 is in newborn size and the other 0-3 months, just in case), a receiving blanket, a pacifier, and well... that's about it, cuz really, how much does he need?
Oh, and the car already has pillows for some "comforts from home" and a towel and garbage bag, just in case.... you can figure out what those are for.

Glad your mom's there with you. Will she be staying right through to whenever you deliver?
ReplyDeleteYes, my mom is staying until I deliver and probably beyond. She was going to come on Friday but was getting nervous about things happening before then. So she decided to come down earlier, and it's been nice having her to help me get a few more things done!
ReplyDeleteWow, it is getting so close for you! How exciting/nerve-wracking/marvelous! I can't wait to hear all about the moments when you first meet him! Did you end up finding a doula?
ReplyDeleteAww, you're so prepared! :) But wait, no diapers for Floodling in the baby bag? It seems like that's a necessity, at least just in case. I'm glad Mommy's there too, but it really makes me wish I could be there. Just one more week!
ReplyDelete@ Jennifer- I did find a doula! Through Labor of Love. Her name is Kim. She wasn't at the tea that night though.
ReplyDelete@ Laura- they say not to pack diapers- the hospital provides you with diapers while you're there and then sends you home with the leftovers of the pack they open. Just one less thing to drag around! :) And I wish you were here too! This baby may be hanging in here until you get here though!