Friday, June 18, 2010

Why I AM Ready

Today (well, yesterday now...) is officially my due date! Whoa! Who knew I'd make it here?  Apparently enough of you because when I did a vote a few months ago most of you said Floodling would probably arrive late.  But since then I've been told by numerous people that I'd never make it to my due date. Though I tried not to listen I have to admit that I am surprised that he still seems to be staying firmly put.

About two weeks ago I told you why I was not ready for this baby to come yet.  I would have been fine if he came, but there were still some things that I wanted to get finished.  On top of that I wasn't feeling as miserable as most women seem to feel by this point.

Well, I've had plenty of time to complete my to-do list.  My bags are packed, car seat installed (it feels funny to drive around with a car seat in the car already!), the nursery is decorated... I've even had time to do plenty of other things! I've vacuumed couches, dusted fans, mopped floors, cleaned and sanitized bottles....

It's starting to look like there might be a baby around here!

Nesting?  Maybe... maybe not.  I generally do a lot of cleaning during summer break (I do summer cleaning, not spring cleaning).  A lot of things get left undone during the school year.  Jason is awesome about keeping up with daily things like laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc. (I'm a really lucky gal!), but all those other things just have to wait until I have a little free time.  I haven't found any unusual amounts of energy, so it may just be my usual summer cleaning, so don't get too excited.

So my list is done... what about how I'm feeling?  While overall I still feel great, I'm starting to be plagued by more and more annoyances...

Tying my shoes?  It's getting quite difficult... and this is what they end up looking like...
Tied towards the inside of my feet because that's all I can reach!

My feet? Sigh... getting swollen.  Had to keep them propped up at my friend's wedding or they wouldn't fit in my (flip-flop style!) shoes...

And just moving around?  Well, I managed to fall yesterday.... no worries!  Floodling and I are both all right, if not a little ego-bruised.  How long has it been since I have actually fallen to the ground?  I was trying to step over a computer wire that was too high, tripped, hopped, then went plummeting to the ground (while twisting mid-air so as to not land on my belly).  Thankfully my trusty birth ball (or excercise ball for you normal people out there) actually broke my fall, what luck!  I do have a bruised leg and a sore back though.  Thanks belly for throwing off my balance! (And making me unable to see exactly where that cord was....)

Okay, I didn't look quite like this, but you get the picture. ;)

But seriously, I'm feeling good.  I just want to meet this little guy!  I can't wait to find out who'll he'll grow up to be.  And in the process I can't wait to snuggle him, and ooh and ahh over him, and just enjoy the little bundle of joy he'll be (when he's not waking me up....).

So Floodling... I'm ready to meet you and introduce you to the world!  Anytime you want to make your appearance.... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I once fell flat on my back while around 6 months pregnant with you. It was winter, and I was walking down the steps of our house and when I stepped on the sidewalk, my feet went out from under me. The sidewalk was all ice! Glad you're somewhat okay.
    Love,
    You know who this is!

    ReplyDelete