Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's tee time!

Something I'm sure quite a few of you have been waiting for.... pics of the finished nursery!  It's been "ready" for a while, but we put the finishing touches on it today, which included hanging the curtains (that my mom so lovingly sewed!) and putting the dry cleaned cushions on the glider (it took the cleaners 5 days to get them done :-/ ).

This is the view when you come in the door.  Isn't the quilt my mom made lovely??

The cozy corner.  The book basket idea was stolen from fellow "Due in June" blogger "Penny in Pink" (who gave birth to Penny at home on Tuesday! Congrats!!)

The dresser and wall art (made by me).  The truck was made by Jason's grandfather and won 2nd place in a state fair.  Jason and his siblings used to play with it, and Jason's grandfather gave it to him as a graduation gift.

We joked that the minute we finally got the last thing in place I would stand and admire it for a second, then suddenly say "my water broke!" ('Cuz we know that's how it happens, right??)

8 comments:

  1. It is perfect!!! But the nursery seems to be missing something...or should I say, someone! All it needs now is one Baby Floodling :) I am so happy for you and Jason. We will need to have playdates when our children get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely should have play dates, with Grace too! Though I'm already warning mothers of little girls that this guy likes to flaunt his stuff.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is so adorable! I can just picture you there in the glider rocking Floodling to sleep. :) I can't wait to see it in person, and with little Floodling there! I think I see the corner of Something from Nothing in the basket, so I'm assuming you got it? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I finally picked it up! Thank you! I read it as soon as I got home with it :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Diane! Now you just need to get floodling in the crib :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he'll like the extra space :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, just read this blog post about a dad and his son's first day out on the "big" golf course and thought of you and Jason: http://writingthewavesmama.blogspot.com/2010/06/first-time-on-big-golf-course.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Wynn Anne! Jason sure can't wait for those days!

    ReplyDelete