Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What I'm going to miss

As the days go on there are fewer and fewer things I'm going to miss about being pregnant, but this is certainly one:



Yup, that's Floodling moving around, not me breathing.  You would think that after 5 months or so of really feeling him kick I'd get tired of it, or at least not so excited by it...  I still often put my hands on my belly to feel him wiggle and roll around.  Before I was pregnant (and early on when I was pregnant) I often  scoffed at those women who couldn't seem to keep their hands off their belly.  It was as if they were saying "look at me! I'm pregnant! See my big belly!" (as if you can't see their big belly).  But now I know, at least for me, I just can't help it!  When he's squirming around in there it's like a magnet! I love imagining what he's doing and what body part I'm feeling.

Yes, it does hurt sometimes... I swear this kid is going to be looooooong because even though he's head down and "low" he does still manage to get into my ribs.  All I have to do is stretch out and it's fine, but it does still surprise me.  And there have been a few times now since he is "head down and low" that he's hit some interesting organs and/or nerves and caused some interesting sensations.... but I still love being able to feel him!

As much as I love it, and as much as I'm going to miss the sensation (what will it be like to eat a meal with a still belly!?), I'm ready to cuddle this little guy and feel him squirming in my arms!

P.S.  Thank you to my wonderful hubby for the new video camera!  It was my Mother's Day/Birthday gift (and a little Father's Day in there too....) so I can share videos of Floodling once he arrives!

1 comment:

  1. from Pat Simpson
    Awwwww, so sweet!!!
    An athlete in the making?
    Happy waiting!
    Love you guys,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete