Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 11: Fast, part 2

I had posted a picture for "fast" a few days ago, but said I wanted to try again and see what I came up with. Well, here it is!

Almost missed her!
Could have used a quicker shutter speed since it's still a little blurry
ISO ?, f/5.3, 1/800

ISO ?, f/5.3, 1/800

ISO ?, f/5.3, 1/800

And after she flew off again I was able to see this...

ISO?, f/5.6, 1/500
A cropped close-up

Would you believe I took these photos with a wiggly ten month old baby in my lap? Actually, would you believe this bird came into my yard with a wiggly, LOUD, ten month old baby out there? Yeah, I couldn't either. But my patience paid off!

Overall, I think the pics came out okay... It was early evening and though it was still quite bright (or so I thought) I had to dial up the ISO in order to be able to also dial up the shutter speed and not get a dark picture. Because of that the pics were a tad bit "noisy" when enlarged on the computer. And I still had to do some touch-ups to lighten the photos. Even with all that I think the shutter speed could have stood to be a little quicker (there is a little blur to the wings still, the point of a quick shutter speed is to "stop" motion so there is no blur).  But still, I'm pleased to know I can do this with my camera; "continuous servo" made all the difference- one push of the button and I took several shots at once, allowing me to capture the bird in mid-flight (though I still almost missed her since she's right at the edge of the one shot!).

2 comments: