Though Drew does love to ramble off syllables like "dadadada" or "yayayaya" (and sometimes even "mamammmm"), and will sometimes pierce the air with a high-pitched squeal or two, our house is actually generally fairly quiet. Many evenings it's just us, Drew, and the pets, no TV and no music (I'm probably going to disappoint/anger some people by saying this, but I don't really like music). That actually made it hard for me to come up with something that represents quiet to me.
But it just so happens that today I had one tired little baby on my hands; for some reason Drew did not take his afternoon nap for nanny Erin. Tired Drew= fussy and cranky Drew so I decided that a late afternoon nap might be in order. After putting him down I sat listening to him whine on the monitor, knowing just a little snooze would make the rest of the evening a lot more bearable. It was a relief when finally all the little "red dots" on the monitor disappeared and I was left with only the sound of his lullabies....
| ISO 640 (I think), 1/50, f/4.2 |
And while we're looking at toes and talking about quiet moments, is there anyone else out there that finds pedicures more stressful than relaxing? I am so gosh darn ticklish that I have to grit my teeth 90% of the time or risk kicking the pedicurist in the chin. Actually, when I was pregnant, I practiced my natural birth breathing techniques and "meditation" while getting pedicures! That's how bad it is for me... and yet I still continue to get them because goodness knows I could never get my own toes to look that pretty!
P.S. For comparison's sake, this is what "loud" (in these terms) might look like:
| ISO 640, 1/50, f/5.6 Not in focus |
For some reason I was considering taking a picture of MY feet for the quiet theme, too! Wouldn't that have been funny? Only thing that stopped me was that I am in desperate need of a pedicure. We're not quite at flip flop weather here, so I'm procrastinating.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about ticklish feet, though. Some estheticians are better than others, but I've had a couple where I grit my teeth.
Those are great photos, Diane. Definitely capture the essence of quiet and loud in your world. :) I used to not like music very much- I think we just didn't listen to it much when we were growing up. Somehow I've grown to really like it now though, and have it on in the background during most of my day. But I do remember enjoying turning the radio off altogether in the car some days, just for a break from noise. (sigh.. I really miss driving.)
ReplyDelete