Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 12: Slow

I had a lot of fun playing with slow shutter speeds and sparklers (I happened to have several boxes sitting around):

Those shadows are not becoming!
ISO 400, f/22, 5" (as in 5 whole seconds)

ISO 400, f/22, 5"

And pretending like I was a ghost

ISO 400, f/18, 10"

(Also figured out how to set the self-timer on the camera)

But my favorites were these:

Motorcycle leaving the neighborhood
ISO 400, f/16, 10"

Car entering the neighborhood
ISO 400, f/16, 10"

Funny how "slow" actually gives these last two a feeling of "fast"!

3 comments:

  1. Cool. You're right - the last two give a feeling of fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally mystified how the last two look like that. Why aren't there images of the vehicle all blurred across the picture? They look very neat. I also love the heart one.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Pat- it kinda surprised me too! But apparently something has to be staying still long enough for the camera to absorb light from it. The background was there/bright enough, so it showed, but the car moved too quickly. Same thing with my "ghost" picture, too. I actually had to walk REALLY slowly otherwise I didn't show up at all.

    ReplyDelete