I think this actually kind of made a good "light" photo as well as a shadow photo, but if I had known more about spot metering perhaps Drew and my mom would have come out a little better...
In any case, to practice with our new tips on using spot metering (to get a good photo with bright light behind the subject), I practiced a little with Drew. There's nothing particularly exciting going on in the pics- I was just trying to practice- but he is pretty darn cute, as usual.
| ISO 200, 1/3200, f/4 |
I love the one above, but even with the spot metering, Drew's face is a little underexposed. You can tell it was a bright sunshiney day though!
| ISO 200, 1/1250, f/4.5 |
| Mom, are you done yet? ISO 200, 1/1600, f/4 |
| ISO 200, 1/2500, f/4 |
The last one is just because it was cute. He fell over from trying to look up at me. Haha!
He was too low to the ground to really get any good photos with the light in the background, but the spot metering helped to expose his face even when my camera was telling me parts of the blanket were overexposed. I definitely learned some cool new tricks about the camera, too- especially since I had to turn to the "instruction manual that is a novel" in order to figure out how to do spot metering. In doing so I learned a few other things, too! Cool!
He was too low to the ground to really get any good photos with the light in the background, but the spot metering helped to expose his face even when my camera was telling me parts of the blanket were overexposed. I definitely learned some cool new tricks about the camera, too- especially since I had to turn to the "instruction manual that is a novel" in order to figure out how to do spot metering. In doing so I learned a few other things, too! Cool!
That third shot is GORGEOUS! Frame-worthy, even. (I love that he toppled over and laughed!)
ReplyDelete