Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 6: Loud

It was not hard for me to thinking of something loud.

ISO 800?, 1/800, f/4.5

I mentioned the other day that our house is generally quiet, so it takes getting outside the house to find loud. And Gymboree is just that!

The classes I take Drew to now are a far cry from the first "preview" class we went to. That was when he was only a few months old and we went to a "Level 1" class (meant for babies from newborn to 6 months). We had tummy time and sang cute songs, did little dances, played little hand and body games... and had a grand time with 5 or 6 other babies and their moms.

Now he's a "Level 2" and the Saturday class we go to is actually a 2/3 split.  With a total of 10+ babies (plus their moms, and about half of their dads as well) aged 6 to 16 months it's not the same cute and sweet little number that it was. My mom actually took Drew to the first class at this level; I was expecting her to love it the way I had loved my first class, so I was surprised that her response to "how was the class?" was "noisy!"

That is, until the following week when I took him myself. I returned home and told my mom, "okay, so you were right, noisy is about the only way to describe that!"

I've gotten a little more used to it now, but Gymboree is definitely the perfect place to photograph "loud", and the assignment arrived at a perfect time since we had class today! I don't really feel like the photos capture the essence of "loud" but you can just trust me...

ISO 800?, 1/800, f/4.5

I like the "leading lines" in this one
ISO 800?, 1/500, f/4.5

ISO 800?, 1/500, f/3.8

ISO 800?, 1/500, f/3.8

I wish the last two photos had turned out better (I'm sure taking photos towards a window is generally not recommended), but when you're trying to make sure your baby doesn't trample another (or get trampled himself) while also trying not to look like some creepy paparazzi, it's hard to adjust settings and focus. But I just love how Drew seems to be interacting with the other babies so I had to share them too! :D

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling a little creepy when you're taking pictures of other people's kids. I would enjoy going to the park and taking pictures of kids as they play, but I'm sure their parents would feel it was an invasion of privacy.

    ReplyDelete