That's the term my principal uses to refer to the students at school instead of "sweetie" or "honey" or even "you there". It's supposed to instill them with a sense of worth and make them feel...well... intelligent.
I am not feeling much like a "bright one" these days. Check out two of my recent goofs...
You may remember that one of my pregnancy cravings was spicy pickles. I am no longer craving them, but I do still enjoy them. Jason and I were at the grocery store the other day and I wanted to pick up a new jar of my Texas Pete hot sauce pickles. We scoured the pickle aisle with no luck of finding them. We both inspected every jar on the shelf and eventually gave up believing that perhaps most people don't like spicy pickles and the store was no longer carrying them. I grumpily grabbed a jar of regular "Kosher Baby Dills" and we headed home. When making dinner the next night I decided to snack on a pickle or two. As I was eating them I thought "gee, these pickles are awfully spicy." I went back to look at the jar and found...
Yup, I had inadvertently grabbed the correct jar of pickles! You may say "well, that label is pretty darn small," and yes, it is, but I knew that's where the little Texas Pete logo usually was and still neglected to see it! I worry for anyone else who thinks they're simply grabbing "Kosher Baby Dills" though!
My other goof involved Drew. Can you see what's wrong with this picture?
I was putting Drew in his PJs, got him all buttoned up from top to bottom then I went to pick him up by lifting under both arms... only one arm was floppy! I had pinned his left arm inside his PJs. He was so calm and just looked so silly that I just sat there and laughed hysterically for a good minute or two.
I guess this is "Mommy Brain" at its best!


I love Drew's expression..."O.K. Mom...what gives?"
ReplyDeletePat