Drew woke up somewhat earlier than normal one morning this week. I heard him making noise in his bassinet and wanted so badly to roll over and just go back to sleep. Instead, like a good Mommy, I leaned over to see what he was up to, and was greeted by this:
I really wish it wasn't such poor video quality but it was taken on my phone (the closest thing that could capture the moment). Also please excuse my obviously groggy voice and slow brain processing...
What a wonderful feeling. As soon as he saw me his face turned into a huge grin as if to say "there you are!". It made waking up early totally worth it. And it has every morning since!
What's as wonderful as seeing Drew's cute-beyond-belief smiles, is your beautiful response as a mother, absorbing every moment.
ReplyDeleteLove, Pat
Love the full-body smile!
ReplyDelete... and you thought you were already in love with him -- it just gets better and better.