I lied!
Okay, I didn't mean to... but check this out...
I can't believe I am showing you this, but yes, that's my belly. And now do you see what I lied about? Stretch marks!
Now, I didn't mean to lie. I don't know where this guy came from! It wasn't there before Drew arrived, or at least if it was I couldn't see it (which is very possible as I couldn't see the underside of my belly). I was sure I hadn't seen any in the mirror, but alas... a stretch mark. (Oh, and a horrible scar from my pierced belly button too! But I knew that was there.)
I joked with Jason that when Drew starts asking where babies come from and how they get in their mommy's bellies I can just show him my "zipper". (And no, I wouldn't actually lie to my child like that about the "birds and the bees").
BUT, here is proof that I am not a total liar... some videos of two things I told you I learned about Drew...
First, that he crawls to my breast when placed on my chest. Whether I am burping him or just want to snuggle this is often what happens...
This is actually a natural instinct for babies, but it's pretty cool to see it in action.
And his "paci grumble" as I call it.
I am afraid we might have a little tantrum thrower on our hands!
If you want to see some other videos of Drew, I am giving you a link in a minute, but you must first promise not to judge! I hate hearing (and seeing!) myself on video (especially when baby babbling), and I know some of the videos may be kind of dull to you, but I want to capture all the moments, the faces, the sounds that I don't want to forget, plus some! So, for those people who want to see some perhaps boring and probably repetitive videos of Drew, here ya' go!
Oh, Diane, he is so adorable. No wonder your mom misses him! Peter used to do the "paci grumble" too (now that I know what you're talking about).
ReplyDeleteAs for the stretch marks, yeah, they aren't so noticeable while you are actually stretched. Sorry 'bout that.
Awww, too cute for words! What a little cuddlybup! Even when he's making "music".
ReplyDeleteI have been lovin' all the photos you've posted, and seeing the videos is just amazing...can't wait to see him in person.
Love, Super..er..Great Aunt Pat!